Day 6


Monday, May 27, Day 6

We woke in good time, had breakfast and had a few last-minute looks at things around the house. Then our taxi arrived and we were off to the station. Nellie came with me all the way, not only into the station and onto the platform, but into the train car to make sure I was settled. 

Once the train pulled out, I was fine on my own, reading a book and watching people. The change in Cologne was very simple and I was soon on my way to Stuttgart. We were a few minutes late, so didn’t come in on the expected track, but luckily I knew which track that was and met Kevin and Kat there. We went through the station and put my bags in a locker, then went for lunch. We had some good German beer and Kevin and I had variations on the local specialty, a kind of filled pasta that resembled an egg roll – delicious!

Then back into the station to catch a suburban train to the hospital to visit Doris, Kat’s mother. She was feeling pretty well, doing lots of rehab for her broken femur. We went out on the terrace with a view of the city and surrounding hills, and later went around the rose garden.








We left her at supper time (5 p.m.) and went back to the city centre to get my bags and catch a different suburban train to Botnang. We did a little shopping at the Lidl and dropped some items off at K&K’s “aquarium” apartment, then came up to Doris’s to settle me in, watch TV and have a little supper. The way you get up the hill to Doris’s is special: there is an enclosed, inclined elevator from the lower street right up to the garage level. Then you wend your way through garages and storage to the house elevator. Pretty neat!






We drank beer and chatted on the balcony, then watched TV for a while (very silly movie) and had a snack of bread and cheese and antipasto. And wine. We chatted until nearly midnight, and decided we would sleep in before finishing the plans for the day. So I’m alone in Doris’s apartment, in her bed, and K&K have gone down to their “aquarium”, which no longer has fish painted on the outside wall.


Comments

  1. You are certainly covering a lot of territory! Would the pasta specialty have been Maultaschen? One of my favourite German foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10, the end

Day 8